Class 28 - Canned Fruit, Vegetables and other Foods Director in Charge: Rose Wark 613-257-2548
Prize money: 1st - $5, 2nd - $4, 3rd - $3
Please note: Maple Syup and Honey are included in this class.
1. Strawberry Jam
2. Raspberry Jam
3 Blueberry Jam
4. Raspberry Jelly
5. Apple Jelly - can be made from red crabapples or white apples
6. Grape Jelly
7. Any jam, jelly or marmalade not already listed, to be named on entry tag.
9. Fruit Preserves - named on entry tag, fruit to be grown in Lanark Highlands
10. Dill pickles
11. Bread and Butter pickles
12. Icicle pickles
13. Pickled beets
14. Corn relish
15. Cucumber relish
16. Tomato salsa
17. Chili sauce
18. Any pickle, vegetable or relish not already listed, to be named on entry tag
19. Maple Syrup (a) light (b) dark
Most Points - $25.00 value Giant Tiger
2015 Winner - Ilene Meyerscough
2016 Home Canning Awards
All entrants into the contest must submit entries that were made using Bernardin products
¨ Bernardin Best of Show Award – 1st prize $30 Gift Certificate and Rosette Prize Ribbon
* Judges’ choice of Best Home Canning Entry from among qualifiers
¨ Bernardin Jam/Jelly Award - 1st prize $20 Gift Certificate and Rosette Prize Ribbon
* Judging will be based on appearance, taste, texture and recipe creativity
¨ Bernardin Gift Pack Competition - 1st prize $20 Gift Certificate and Rosette Prize Ribbon
* Judges select winner based on creativity, quality of home canned product, perceived value & appropriateness of presentation.
¨ Bernardin Gift Pack Competition – 1st prize $100, 2nd and 3rd $25 each.
Eligibility: First place winner of the Bernardin Gift Pack competition from each fair with entry submission by local fair convenor.
¨ Use of Bernardin Mason Jar/Snap lid must accompany each entry, as proof of purchase. Bernardin Jam/Jelly award requires Bernardin Pectin package or UPC as proof of purchase. Please attach the proof of purchase for the Pectin
¨ All entries will be judged on appearance, texture, creativity of recipe and presentation. Decision of the fair judge(s) will be final.
¨ All first place winners must sign a release form giving the sponsor (Bernardin) permission to use, without payment, the winner’s name and/or photograph in any other advertising or publicity.
¨ Photo and itemized description of the contents will be completed by the director for the winning entry moving on to the national gift pack contest.
¨ National Gift Pack contest prizes will be sent directly to the winners.
¨ Note – “gift packs” need not be in baskets; in fact, we encourage entrants to be creative with their presentation